Saturday, April 5, 2014

With Sympathy

Hey crafty friends!  Hope you're having an awesome weekend, I got some crafty time in and I'm here with a card to share:


I just got this stamp after eyeing it forever.  It was the perfect excuse to practice some more coloring, and I learned something new.  I love watercoloring over white embossing, but the emboss resist technique doesn't really work with copic coloring, that ink just sticks right to your white surface so it's a bit messier than I would like.  Lesson learned!


I used the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch! and snagged a little inspiration over at CASE Study.



Also playing at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Anything Goes


Supplies: 
Stamps: Pleasant Poppies (Stampin' Up), Flower Friend (Simon Says Stamp)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up), Lightweight White CS, Vellum
Misc: White Embossing Powder, VersaMark, Copics

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty card & perfect design for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! I love the color combo. Lovely work, Katie! Thanks or sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says a Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. These poppies are gorgeous, Katie! I love how you contrasted the poppies from the outside on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Great take on both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, especially against kraft! And i love your white embossed sentiment on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The watercolor technique you used is stunning Katie! The poppies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect. Love the playfulness of those flowers.

    ReplyDelete