Thursday, February 21, 2013

One Layer Anniversary Card

Yesterday I celebrated my third wedding anniversary with my super-duper awesome husband.  It's been an amazing 3 years and I'm so happy to have him!  With that in mind I wanted to make a masculine anniversary card:


The design of this card happened by accident.  I cut the love and the heart using my Cameo and files from the Silhouette Online Store, and when I went to add them to my card I thought about using them as a mask instead of putting the cuts on the card.  I sponged over the images and voila! 
Super simple and easy!



For the inside of the card I used the opposite idea.  I cut the words into a scrap piece of paper and sponged inside the negative image to get the sentiment.  Mainly because it was late and I didn't feel like messing with adhering a bunch of letters.  The end product is basically an accident but I like it!


I'm entering this card into this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge where Simon Says...use an arrow.  And the 7 or Less Challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by!

-katie

5 comments:

  1. Very creative my friend!!! And wishing you a very Happy Anniversary :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card! Perfect masculine feel... and happy anniversary! :) Thanks for joining us in the "Arrow" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so great! I love the slightly messy, rustic feel of the sponged greeting =) Thanks for enetering the 7 or less challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool technique and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete