Saturday, November 2, 2013

Warm Thoughts Card

Hello!  I'm back tonight with another quick post for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.   Here's the card:



My very best friend came over to spend the night (just like when we were in high school) and we spent some time doing crafty things.  She's a fellow paper addict like me, which is awesome!  She showed me a technique I've never seen before using alcohol inks on photo paper to make gorgeous glossy, swirly backgrounds.  We made the red piece on the scalloped circle and the sentiment banner, although the picture doesn't really show how pretty it turned out.

The blue background piece is one I've had sitting around a few days ever since I saw the inspiration photo at the challenge.  I knew I wanted to use glossy accents to make drops that looked like dew or snowflakes for a Christmas card.  I finally got around to turning it into something.  Here's the inspiration photo: 
  


Also linking up at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where this week anything goes.

Thanks for looking, keep it crafty!



Supplies
Stamps: Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches), Polar Party (Stampin Up!)
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Silver Glitter (SU)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Alcohol Ink: Watermelon, Red Pepper, Pearl (Adirondack)
Misc:  Glossy Accents, Photo Paper, Spectrum Noir Markers, Enamel Dots


3 comments:

  1. What a fun little card! I may just have to try some of those alcohol inks out one of these days...you two are a couple of enablers! That stamp set is still one of my all time favorites for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, soooooo cute.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH! Look at those snow drops! LOOOOOOOVE! THANKS so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you join in the fun this week for the STRIPE trend watch challenge;)

    ReplyDelete