Monday, November 12, 2012

Merry Christmas, Dear

Here's a Christmas Card I made using inspiration chosen by my pal Bree over at Craft-somnia Momma. We both made a card using a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches & the color palette from Color Me Beautiful. Here's my take on the two:


I was all set to use my Stampin' Up! Polar Party stamp set when this little Rudolf just called out to me. (And dang wouldn't you know it, you're supposed to use SU! stamps for the Color Me Beautiful challenge.  It pays to read the rules BEFORE you are ready to post!  Well I know for next time, and I'll be back!) He's super cute and I used my SU! blender pen to color him with Soft Suede, Real Red, Primrose Petals and Crumb Cake ink.  The blender pen is so cool because it turns all of your inkpads into markers, love it.


Here are the inspiration photos used.  I LOVE these colors and simple sketch.  Nice choices, Bree :)






Thanks for looking, dears! Happy Monday to all :)


7 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Katie, love that cute reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute my dear :) Your layers are awesome with this color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable - I can understand why you couldn't resist him! Great take on the colour challenge; thanks so much for joining us at Color Me Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card and I do love his shiny nose!! You did an amazing job using the colors! I just couldn't get primrose petals to cooperate with me... :) Thanks so much for joining us at Color Me Beautiful and hope to see you joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Color Me Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What stamp set did you use for the Rudolph?

    ReplyDelete