Monday, September 22, 2014

Time for a Blog Hop

Hey crafty friends!  I'm sharing a card today for a Unique Blog Hop that's going on.  I was nominated by my pal Kristie Goulet of Kreative Kristie.  I've been a fan of Kristie's clean and simple design style for a while now, but have gotten to know her better since we've been on the Merry Monday DT together this year.  Check out her work - you won't be disappointed!

The card I'm sharing today was a team effort - my 4 year old daughter and stamper in the making made the inside for this card that is for her Grandpa.   I love this sweet little bird.


Ansley decided to make a rainbow.  I was super impressed!


This hop includes a few questions to answer so here I go:

What are you currently working on?
I just finished up a banner for friend's soccer themed birthday party.  I used my Cameo and it was super quick and easy and turned out so cute.  But I'm usually working on cards, cards and more cards.  Right now I'm brainstorming for something fun I will be sharing in the future, it's gotta be good!

How does your work differ from others of its genre?
My work and style is always changing - at least it feels that way to me.  I tend to stick with mostly CAS creations, and I have tendency toward cute stuff lately.  I love to color and I'm trying improve my skills in that area.

What inspires your work?  How does your creative process work?
I'm constantly inspired by challenges and I love to cruise pinterest for great ideas.  I like to start with a challenge to get my creativity going then a little browsing of my favorite bloggers and pinterest will usually spark some idea - then it's off to dig through my stash and make stuff happen!  The biggest thing I've learned that has helped my process is to stop being afraid of throwing something away and starting completely over.  At first it was hard to part with that gorgeous piece of patterned paper or cardstock I worked so hard on, but once I learned to let go I've been much happier with my end results.

Thanks for reading a little about me, but now I'd like to nominate my super sweet and talented friend Breelin Renwick of Craft-somnia Momma.  She is one of my favorite "enablers" and she hosts a group of us crafty ladies at her house every month to create amazing goodies she designs and to keep up with the latest Stampin' Up must-haves.  She was featured at this year's SU convention as a display board stamper - how cool is that?  Check out her blog - it's filled with super fun goodies of all types!

I'm linking up at the Lawnscaping Challenge: Critters Galore


And the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Stencils and Stamps

And this stamp set is some NBUS - so I'm playing at Darnell's too!



Thanks for stopping by, keep it crafty!

Supplies:
Stamps: Get Well (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Smoky Slate, Hello Honey (SU), Lipstick Red (SSS), Copic Markers
Cardstock:  Smoky Slate (SU), Solar White (Neenah)

9 comments:

  1. What a darling card and how sweet that your daughter decorated the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card, Katie and loved getting to know you better by reading your answers. Thanks for the shout out, friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so adorable, Katie! And with Ansley's inside OUTSHINING the outside (sorry!), I'm sure Grandpa is going to be feeling better immediately!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge!!

    I so enjoyed your interview for TCBH and I'm delighted to find out more about you! I agree with you about letting go and commend you for arriving at that conclusion much quicker than I did in my creative journey!! Kristie is already a favorite card artist friend of mine, but I don't know Breelin, so I'm off to meet her; thank you for the link!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wait, I do know Breelin, too! I just love this wonderful community!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and cheerful card! The stamp is so cute. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so cute - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie, I love how you used the band aid stamp on this! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete