Monday, December 1, 2014

Season's Greetings Shaker & News!

Hey everyone, it's Monday and that means time for another fun challenge at Merry Monday!  This week's theme is brought to us by Deanne, and she wants to see everyone make a Christmas card with a bird on it.  I decided to go with a shaker card.




You can see all the details and gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team here.  Or stop by their blogs and give them some love:

Katie Melhus (you're here!)
Lori Turner

I also have some family photos and some news to share.  Here are some highlights from our very first family photo shoot.  Ansley is 4 now, and you can have a look at my fabulous husband, Ken :)





As you can see, there is a bit more of me to love these days because we are expecting our second child February 19 (Which can't come soon enough as far as this pregnant lady is concerned!)  We are having another little girl, and are currently completely stumped for names...any suggestions?

Thanks for stopping by, keep it crafty!



19 comments:

  1. Adorable in every way, Katie! The patterned paper makes that little bird sing :) and I love your shaker design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your fantastic news, Katie! You have a beautiful family and I'm so happy for you. As far as names, I always liked Catherine Grace but I only had boys :) On to your card - such a fun shaker card - love the bright, cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family, Katie! You'll come up with the perfect name. I love this pretty Christmas bird and the sequins in the shaker! I really need to try a shaker card! Have a great week, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow congrats Katie on the happy news, great photos :) Your card is as adorable as ur family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family photo, Katie and congrats again on your pregnancy! Such exciting times! Love your pretty shaker card this week! Those birds are adorable and I love all the sequins! Very pretty! Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Katie!!!! Wonderful news, and beautiful family photos! Your daughter is gorgeous!
    Ok on to your adorable shaker card.... I LOVE It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely family photos Katie, congrats on your baby news. Your card is pretty fabulous too :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, congrats on the baby bump! Your daughter is adorable! Love your shaker card and the bright colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh congrats to you and your beautiful family!!!!!!!!!!! Your card is absolutely adorable. My cousin just named her new baby girl Maddyn and I think it's the cutest name ever!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card and family photos! Congratulations on your soon to be new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet card and family photos! Congratulations on your baby bump! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sequin shaker card. Congrats on the new precious bundle of joy coming this February. As for girl names.... Ashley, Kaitlin, Avery, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh how cute your card is, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Katie! Being a February baby as was my mom, I can say that's a wonderful month. Your card is fabulous--one of the neatest shakers I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats!!!! CUTEST card!!!!...Oh names are FUN!!! Ana, Aleah, (I guess I like "a" names a little)... Anika, Arielle, Brooke, I didn't have a girl, my top two were: Mackenna and Aneliesse..
    I really also like Veronika, (DH) says: Sasha, Kennedy, Brooklyn, Casey..Elle..
    Lovely Family pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Your family is lovely and I'm glad you are growing your family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word....the last picture is the BEST...totally made me cry happy tears :) Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete