Monday, October 8, 2012

Grateful Card

Hooray! I found some more great challenge sites, and I'm dying to play.  Here's a card I made for a friend who just gave us some of her old bookshelves, so of course I needed a thank you card.  (She's also a Stampin' Up demonstrator so it has to be a good one!)

I found my inspiration from 2 different challenges, I used the color palette from The Cameo Spotlight challenge.   It's to use deep red, deep orange & harvest gold.  I love the fall feel to them. 


and I used the following sketch from The Fab Friday Challenge Blog:


Put 'em together and here's what I came up with: 


I used the SU colors Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie and More Mustard and cut the trees with my Silhouette Cameo.  The more I use that thing, the more I love it!  I love that you can have so many images available right at your fingertips when the urge to create something hits you.  Thanks for looking!  I'm super grateful :)


14 comments:

  1. Totally wonderful color combo...and those are such cute trees! Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tempting me with that Silhouette Cameo! I love the trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card! Those trees are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trees are absolutely adorable! I also like the clean lines and the pop of the darker sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to our challenge Katie! This card is really very PRETTY. I love how you combined the colors of our challenge with the sketch!!! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this! The colors, the banners and those TREES! {swoon} Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie,
    I should be thanking you - I'm grateful I didn't miss your fabulous card! I love the bold fall colors and shapes, you've done a great job with the sketch. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute!! Love the trees and the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those little graphic trees! What perfect subject matter for this color challenge:)

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Cameo Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those trees!! Adorable card! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and those trees are so cute! Thanks for playing in the Cameo Spotlight Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so clean and crisp, just like and autumn morning. thank you for playing this week with The Cameo Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An awesome card and I agree it is great having all those fantatic images there when you need them--24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie, I'm glad you saw "your card" on my blog! Thanks for the inspiration! ~ Doris

    ReplyDelete